Position Summary: The Account Manager position will create long-term, trusting relationships with our clients. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned clients, implement client’s marketing goals, strategies and tactics and develop new business from existing clients as well as develop new business by adding new clients to our agency’s portfolio.
The Account Manager will work collaboratively with the company’s leadership and management teams, support staff and freelance contractors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all assigned client account management communication
- Maintain day-to-day contact with clients. Establish good working relationship with clients across all related client departments
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships with key accounts and client stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify potential areas of business growth
- Engage in new business opportunities through research, writing and presentation of proposals and business pitches
- Develop, lead and present ideas and proposals, as well as interpret research and client objectives/strategies to positively impact the client business
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of marketing plan solutions according to client needs and objectives
- Lead team members on budget planning to develop ideas and strategic plans for assigned accounts
- Prepare budgets for all client initiatives; work collaboratively with CFO to finalize assigned budget proposals.
- Supervise and mentor Project Manager and other personnel direct-reports, e.g., outreach service representatives (OSRs)
- Work with Project Manager on project planning, implementation and reporting; preparation of weekly status reports for assigned accounts and client communications.
- Provide direction to project teams and oversee the implementation of assigned projects. Ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Accountable for overseeing the quality control of all materials and deliverables submitted by Mendoza for assigned accounts
- Forecast and track key account metrics; identify and recommend new and/or enhanced industry measurement tools, whenever possible
- Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders – through phone conferences, email communications, weekly reports, virtual and/or in-person meetings
- Responsible for remaining current on marketing trends within assigned client industry
- Work closely with Mendoza account team personnel on assigned client deliverables that may include Research, Creative, Media Planning & Buying, Language Services and Experiential Marketing Outreach
Requirements of the Position:
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Project Manager or other relevant role
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, sales or marketing field
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to client needs
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
This position reports to the EVP of Client Services.
Please submit your application via this Ineed.com job posting.
Mendoza Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mendoza Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.