Digital Content Specialist
This is a contractor position for up to 6 months with the opportunity for contract extension after a review at the end of the 6 month point.
It is preferred that a candidate resides in the Eastern Time Zone.
The Digital Content Specialist coordinates and develops bilingual (English and Spanish) digital content for public websites for Mendoza Group clients. The specialist supports the public web strategy builds designed to attract and engage both internal and external audiences in support of organic and paid campaigns in both Spanish and English. This role is critical to the monitoring, maintenance, and overall site health of the clients’ public websites. This role partners closely with a variety of collaborators and stakeholders, from front end designers and IT developers, to internal client team members. The specialist will need to align resources and timing to ensure all assets are produced according to strategy and requirements, on a clearly communicated timeline. The specialist will be responsible for bringing the voice of the user (English and Spanish) to the content and understanding digital content best practices.
Digital Content Specialist Educational/Knowledge Requirements:
- Fluency in Spanish and English languages
- 2-5 years of experience producing website content, managing an online presence or working on digital product management in a corporate communications position or related field such as website development, marketing/advertising or health sciences.
- Working knowledge of CMS systems such as Umbraco, WordPress or both.
- Excellent collaboration, multitasking, organizational, research/interviewing, writing, grammar, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Digital Marketing, Web Development, Digital Media, Marketing, Marketing Technology, Advertising
- Familiarity with web design prototyping and project management tools: InVision, Sketch, Zeplin, VSTS
- Google Analytics Certification
- Knowledge of accessibility and SEO best practices
- Site monitoring tool experience such as Siteimprove
Digital Content Specialist Responsibilities:
- Assists with discovery, requirements, project management, and production of translated public websites.
- Coordinates day-to-day management for site maintenance with marketing strategists and campaign managers. Specialist ensures that digital channel updates are consistent with overarching strategy and campaigns.
- Conducts ongoing content audit with campaign managers to ensure accuracy of digital properties.
- Contributes creative ideas on how to leverage digital media to help optimize and achieve clients’ business objectives.
- Works with digital writer and digital designer to create content that is appropriate for digital channel(s) that is tailored to the designated audience and consistent with brand style rules.
- Contributes to reporting and analysis of digital marketing campaigns.
- Works alongside stakeholders across departments to ensure timely delivery of functional requirements, content documents and front-end mockups. Ensures smooth workflows and ultimately, project realization.
- Performs Quality Assurance tests of digital media to ensure content accuracy, full functionality and user experience that matches mockup designs.
- Ensures web properties such as public sites, landing pages and blogs are accurate, indexed as appropriate, tracked in Google Analytics, and on target for upgrades as needed.
- Manages projects of varying levels of complexity and sophistication.
- Interacts with clients and colleagues effectively to obtain material for and approval of projects.
- Communicates project status information in a timely manner to appropriate departmental parties throughout all phases of each project.
- Demonstrates service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers.
Please submit your application via this Ineed.com job posting.
Mendoza Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mendoza Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.