We are marketing professionals who create communication strategies with a different point of view.
When broad-span market research data revealed the growth and purchasing power of Hispanic populations in key markets in the early 90’s, it took most advertisers another ten years to recognize the opportunity of investing in these brand-loyal consumers. Traditional popular national brands gained U.S. market share rapidly by leveraging what Hispanic consumers already knew and loved about them in their home countries. This was not the case, however, for most companies in the U.S. This is where we come in.
We launched our business with a clear strategy that was founded on three core pillars – education, empathy, empowerment. Help clients gain a better understanding of this dynamic consumer’s unique cultural differences and behavior, offer insight on what values inspire Hispanics to trust one brand over another, and guide our clients through a carefully planned roadmap that will earn Hispanic customers’ loyalty for life.
Clients soon learned we are unlike other agencies. Instead of beginning at the wide mouth of the funnel with a general mass-market approach before narrowing down to target markets, we START at the micro level. Then we broaden our focus as we go.
In many ways, our agency’s 26+ year rise from a small ad shop serving local, ethnic markets to a full-service national marketing agency has followed the same path of growth as the American populace. In the past, the Latinos, Asians and African Americans that constituted the agency’s initial core consumer audience had largely been ignored by more traditional agencies. But these secondary sectors of yesterday’s market are nobody’s niche today. They constitute the fastest growing segment of a rapidly evolving new general market. And that diverse group of brand-savvy consumers demands the kind of specialized focus and creative mix of media and tactics that have led to Mendoza’s proficiency in helping clients of every size.
- 30+ years marketing beyond the mainstream
- Former host of Tampa Bay’s first bilingual talk show
- Director of Programming & Development, Telemundo
- Asst. Program Director, Fox-29
- Transcreation trailblazer
- A true O.G.
- Business Week magazine named Mia Mendoza “Marketing whiz of the 21st century”
- 2019 Pinnacle Award, Philadelphia Ad Club
- Pennsylvania’s 50 Best Women in Business
- Hispanic Businesswoman of the Year – Region 5, United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Take the Lead Award, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
- Comcast Newsmaker of the Year
- 100 Most Influential Latinos, Governor’s Advisory Commission on Latino Affairs
Our core values serve as our compass for everything we do and everything we believe. And we won’t compromise them just to turn a buck. Because integrity is what allows us to serve our clients with confidence.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- Making sure family comes first
- Honoring cultural diversity
- Providing exceptional experiences
- Giving back to the community
- Demonstrating personal excellence
- Having passion in our work
FAST FACTS – Mendoza Group, Inc.
- First full-service Hispanic marketing and advertising agency in Pennsylvania
- Opened for business in March 1995
- 100% owned by its current principal, Mia Mendoza
- Headquartered in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
- Satellite office in Tampa Bay, Florida
- PA Department of General Services (196937-2013-07-SB-MW)
- Unified Certification Program (DBE #12177)
- Eastern National Minority Supplier Diversity Council (#PT01235)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (#2005123567)
- Philadelphia Office of Economic Opportunity (Registration #111466)
- …and working on a few others