Location: Pittsburgh and Erie Markets
Who is Mendoza Group:
We are marketing professionals who create communication strategies with a different point of view. Much of our work is focused on multicultural communities and making connections with populations that have largely been ignored by mainstream marketers.
We’re looking for outgoing, enthusiastic individuals who are interested in learning more about event marketing and promotions to join our street team. Members of our street team serve as brand ambassadors for our clients. They educate event attendees about our clients’ products and services at cultural events, sporting events or on-site at various community venues. If you value a job opportunity where you’ll work as part of a team, feel a sense of purpose, invigoration and satisfaction, then this is a perfect fit for you! The position requires someone who is dependable, responsive and possesses strong communication and people skills. We are recruiting for part-time and on-call positions, the latter allowing you to work when you’re available.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available to attend select events, predominantly on weekends.
- Create an exciting atmosphere while interacting face-to-face with event attendees.
- Promote and distribute program materials, promotional items, etc. to event attendees
- Assist or guide event attendees with completing online applications where applicable
- Ensure timely arrival at every event.
- Execute events from start to finish (coordinate with on-site contact, hanging banners, handing out giveaways, playing games, setting up and breaking down tables, sound systems, tents, etc.).
- Attend training meetings via teleconference and/or in-person to gain an understanding of the clients’ brand values.
- Attend and participate in strategy meetings in-person and/or via teleconference as requested.
- Communicate with Mendoza Group’s Project Managers regarding event checklists and general event logistics such as staffing assignments, internal meetings before events, training, event objectives, regulations, and reporting.
- Report event results in a timely manner to Project Managers.
- Report hours and event expenses timely using Mendoza’s online time tracking portal.
- Recommend specific actions to support event implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Mendoza Group’s Managers.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Must be outgoing and enjoy working in a team environment
- Must be versatile and able to represent different brands
- Have a reliable email address for communication
- Be proficient in MS Office
- Prior street team work or volunteer experience in community outreach initiatives a plus
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have reliable means of transportation to travel to events
- Fluency in Spanish-language a plus
- Be able to carry and transport boxes/materials to events when required.
To apply visit:
Mendoza Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Mendoza Group prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status under applicable federal and applicable state law.