Who is Mendoza Group:
We are marketing professionals who create communication strategies with a different point of view. Much of our work is focused on multicultural communities and making connections with populations that have largely been ignored by mainstream marketers.
We’re looking for individuals who seek an opportunity to make a difference in their community, one event at a time. If you value a job opportunity where you’ll feel a sense of purpose, invigoration and satisfaction, then this is a perfect fit for you. The event staffer is primarily responsible for packing and transporting event materials safely and in a timely manner to an event. Event Staffers also assist in the set up and teardown of the event and returning event materials to the office at the conclusion of the event. This position requires you to be able to safely lift heavy boxes, folding tables, tents, etc. The event staffer must be dependable and punctual, have a reliable means of transportation, and must demonstrate a genuine concern for customer satisfaction. This position requires you to work alone and as part of a team. This is an on-call position, which will require weekend and weekday hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packing and organizing event materials.
- Safely loading, transporting, and delivering event materials from the office to the event site and back in a timely manner.
- Inspecting equipment for damage after use and informing the lead staffer at the event.
- Reviewing packing checklist before and after delivery to the event site to ensure that all required event materials are delivered.
- Assisting fellow staff members with pickup of materials while at events
- Occasionally being on-site at the office to safely receive shipments and the storing those shipments in a safe area of the office.
- Making pickups and deliveries to and from client locations.
- Acting as a messenger and driver, when needed
- Dispensing marketing materials to event attendees, if requested.
- Performing other related duties and assignments, as required.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Have your own vehicle that can reliably transport you to and from the office and for use while running errands.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor
- Attention to detail when reviewing checklists
- Ability to safely load/unload boxes, occasionally large boxes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer service experience is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in Spanish-language is a plus
- On-Call – weekdays and weekends
- Compensation: $18/hour
Email your resume to Diana Osma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mendoza Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Mendoza Group prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status under applicable federal and applicable state law.